PR Consultancy and Training
Have your press releases fallen on deaf ears, and gained little or no coverage?
Perhaps you lack confidence in your written content?
Are PR and written content creation on the backburner?
If you need help with kickstarting your public relations and want to create and run your own campaigns, we can help.
How we work
Through our consultancy and training services we give you all the tools you need to get your PR activity up and running.
If you lack confidence in your written content, we can give you advice and guidance on how to get this right, with our copywriting training.
- We will spend time with you and audit your current PR strategy (if you have one) and analyse your PR activity
- We report back with recommendations on how to move forward with PR, so it complements your marketing
- You then take over or, if you’d like our help…
- We will roll up our sleeves and get stuck in
Public relations training
- We cover what PR is and how good PR can help your brand and increase sales
- Find out how PR fits into your marketing strategy
- Learn what makes a good story – and what doesn’t
- Discover how to get in the news
- We talk about why good copy is important for your business
- You’ll get some dos and don’ts for business writing
- Advice on blogging, content marketing, web content and social media posts
- Analysis and advice about your text in our copy clinics
Copywriting and PR training for you and your business
While we’d love to handle all your PR and content writing, we know that doesn’t work for everybody.
So we’re just as keen to help give you the tools you need to succeed in:
- Public relations
- Great content creation
We’ve created two ready-made workshops and also run stand-alone copy clinics which will help get on the right path and then keep you on track.
We run them inhouse for you and your employees, in small groups. These can be face-to-face or online.
DIY public relations
This three-hour workshops will look at:
- What PR is and how good PR can help your brand and increase sales
- How PR fits into your marketing strategy
- What makes a good story – and what doesn’t
- How to get in the news
Copywriting for business
This three-hour workshop covers:
- Why good copy is important for your business
- Some dos and don’ts for business writing
- Blogging and content marketing
- Website copy and social media posts
Run on an ad hoc basis, and ideal as follow-ups for our other workshops:
- Get your copy checked by professional journalists
- Get advice on changes you should make before you publish
- Find out how to improve your text
- Benefit from our suggested rewrites and revisions
If you would like to chat about PR and copy consultancy, or to inquire about any of our PR and copywriting training services, please get in touch.
“Jo has helped me navigate the world of journalists and understand the sort of PR that would work for me. Her advice has been invaluable and her experience as a journalist means she understands that arena inside and out.”
Reshma Field – Personal Stylist, Ishbel’s Wardrobe
Want to talk about raising brand awareness? We’d love to chat